CPA is looking for individuals with knowledge of theater that can help facilitate development and fundraising to promote CPA’s growth. We are looking for board members from all fields and backgrounds with an interest and passion for theater, education, community, and volunteerism. Leadership experience in business or community organizations is a plus. Skills in any of the following areas could be an asset: grant writing, communications, marketing, fundraising, development, event planning, community networking, bookkeeping, volunteerism, and/or nonprofit management or board experience. Our organization is expanding to reach more children.
You can help us give kids an experience they will remember for the rest of their lives!
- The board meets monthly on the 3rd Thursday at 6:45 pm in White Bear Lake, MN or via Zoom.
- There will be an annual retreat for planning.
- Committees of the board meet at various intervals based on their own needs.
- Board members are asked to attend as many shows/events as possible including fundraising events.
- Due to expansion, we have multiple positions available!
Children’s Performing Arts is experiencing significant growth due to growing community demands and a new facility/location. We are expanding programs, growing our staff, board and volunteers. Our goals include establishing ourselves in our marketplace with consistent and focused messaging, increasing our division of labor and accountability, expanding our board including key volunteer roles, and establishing relationships with funders and donors. In order to accomplish these goals, we need key volunteers to serve as organizational Ambassadors.
People who agree to serve as Ambassadors would do the following:
- Donate/pledge to Children’s Performing Arts
- Provide linkage with corporations and foundations or community organizations
- Be a positive spokesperson for Children’s Performing Arts, learn key messages and elevator speech
- Open doors to prospects via phone calls, introductions and scheduling meetings
- Solicit major gifts; assist with special events, donor recognition, thank you notes, etc.
Join Our Usher Mailing List
You will be notified of opportunities to usher at our performances!